An easy to use WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily and safely add your custome functions (PHP code) for execution in WordPress environment directly out of your WordPress Dashboard and without any need of an external editor.
It’s purpose is to provide a familiar experience to WordPress users. No need anymore editing the functions.php file of your theme. Just add your PHP code in the field on the plugin page and this plugin will do the rest for you.
This is a simple and perfect tool to use as your site’s functionality plugin.
It’s really useful in case of any theme update, because your custom PHP code would never be overwritten. Your custom PHP code will keep on working, no matter how many times you upgrade or switch your theme.
On the plugin page you find the PHP editor powered by CodeMirror. It have syntax highlighting and line numbering options. Also this editor support a tab indentation. If you want more options then tell me and I will be happy to add it.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Add your code in the field, then click
Update Custom Functions.
That’s it. You are already getting your functions working.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface with many settings
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
- Checks the entered code for fatal errors (simple checks)
- Trigger for temporary disable the custom functions
- Easy disable option for WSOD
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Line numbering
- Active line highlighting
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Reload the settings page at same position after pushing the save button
- Multisite network support
- Got more ideas? Tell me!
- Plugin page:
- Plugin page with custom code added:
- Success message:
- “Fatal error” message:
This plugin is translate ready. But If your language is not available you can make one. The .pot file is included and placed in “languages” folder. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you shared your translation with the community. Just send the translation files (*.po, *.mo) to me at the email@example.com and I will include the translation within the next plugin update.
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: