An easy to use WordPress plugin that replaces the default Theme and Plugin Source Code Editor with an enhanced editor by a CodeMirror library.
The WordPress default Theme Editor (in Appearance => Editor) and Plugin Editor (in Plugins => Editor) is great for doing some custom changes to your Themes or Plugins files, although it is rather limited. This is where the “Syntax Highlighter for WP Editor” can help. With an enhanced source code editor you can see a code with syntax highlighting, and with line numbering, so you can easily read your code and detect any errors.
This plugin give you finer control over editor, it can be configured on the plugin settings page. You can chose from 36 different color themes for your editor.
This plugin is just plug and play, no tedious configurations or hacks, just install, enable and start using your new enhanced Theme and Plugin Editor.
- Upload “Syntax Highlighter for WP Editor” to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Go to “Settings” → “Syntax Highlighter for WP Editor”.
- Syntax highlighting by CodeMirror library
- Changeable Color Theme (36)
- Line numbering
- Input areas allow for tab indentation
- Easy to use Settings Page
- Live preview on Settings Page
- Ready for translation (.pot file included)
- Russian translation
- Published on WordPress.org
Got more ideas? Tell me!
- Markdown (.txt)
- Plugin settings page:
- Default WP Plugin Editor :
- Plugin Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: ambiance) :
- Plugin Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: default) :
- Theme Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: ambiance):
This plugin is translate ready. But If your language is not available you can make one. The .pot file is included and placed in “languages” folder. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you shared your translation with the community. Just send the translation files (*.po, *.mo) to me at the firstname.lastname@example.org and I will include the translation within the next plugin update.
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: