WP Plugin: "My Custom Functions"
An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily and safely add your custom PHP code for execution in the WordPress environment directly out of your WordPress Admin Area, without the need to have an external editor.
This is a simple and perfect tool to use as your website’s functionality plugin. This is a must have tool for authors and website’s owners. Its purpose is to provide a familiar experience to WordPress users. There is no need for any more editing of the functions.php file of your theme or any of your plugin files for to add custom PHP code. Just add your custom PHP code in the field on the plugin page and this plugin will do the rest for you. It will automatically add your PHP code to your website, without changing any of your theme files and without slowing down your website.
The plugin works completely independently of the theme, so you can use it with any theme, and regardless of whether the theme does or does not have a functions.php file. The code you place on the plugin page will be entirely unaffected if you edit the contents of the theme’s functions.php file, or even completely change the theme. This is really useful in case of updating theme or plugins, because your custom PHP code would never be overwritten. Your custom PHP code will keep on working, no matter how many times you upgrade or switch your theme and plugins.
On the plugin page you find the code editor powered by CodeMirror. This code editor has options such as syntax highlighting, line numbering, and more. And if you want more options, let us know and we will be happy to add them.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
Key features include
- Checks the entered code for fatal errors (simple checks)
- Trigger for temporary disable the custom functions
- Easy disable option for WSOD
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Line numbering
- Active line highlighting
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Reload the settings page at same position after pushing the save button
- Multisite network support
- Got more ideas? Tell us!
- Plugin settings page.
- Plugin page with custom code added:
- Success message:
- “Fatal error” message:
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages. But If your language is not available then you can make one. It is also possible that not all existing translations are up to date, so you are welcome to make corrections. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you share your translation with the community. Thanks for your contribution!
If you want to help translate this plugin, please visit the translation page. You can also use the POT file that is included and placed in the
languages folder to create a translation PO file. Just send the PO file to us and we will include this translation within the next plugin update.
This plugin is open-sourced software licenced under the GNU General Public Licence, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source licence) is available upon request.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
- Add your code in the field, then click
That’s it, you’re done. You are already getting your functions working. So simple isn’t it?
If you are faced with the fact that the website has stopped responding after saving your code, please read the instructions here and everything will be fine.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to:
- Donate to support ongoing development. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
- Rate and Review this plugin.
- Share with us or view the GitHub Repo if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this plugin better.
Arthur is a designer and full stack software engineer. He is the founder of Space X-Chimp and the blog My Cyber Universe. His personal website can be found at arthurgareginyan.com.