An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that replaces the default Post & Page HTML/Text Editor with an enhanced editor by a CodeMirror library. The WordPress default Post & Page HTML/Text Editor is great for doing some custom changes to HTML markup of your post/page, although it is rather limited. This is where the “Syntax Highlighter for Post/Page HTML Editor” can help. With an enhanced HTML/Text editor you can see a code with syntax highlighting, and with line numbering, so you can easily read your HTML markup and detect any errors.
This plugin give you finer control over editor, it can be configured on the plugin settings page. You can chose from 36 different colour themes for your editor. If you want more options, then let us know and we will be happy to add them.
This plugin is just plug and play, no tedious configurations or hacks, just install, enable and start using your new enhanced Post/Page HTML Editor.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface with many settings
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
Key features include
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Huge selection of colour schemes (36 themes)
- Line numbering
- Line wrapping
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Live preview on Settings Page
Got more ideas? Tell us!
- Plugin settings page.
- Default WP Post\Page HTML Editor.
- Post\Page HTML Editor that provided by this plugin (theme: default).
- Post\Page HTML Editor that provided by this plugin (theme: ambiance).
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages. But If your language is not available then you can make one. It is also possible that not all existing translations are up to date, so you are welcome to make corrections. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you share your translation with the community. Thanks for your contribution!
If you want to help translate this plugin, please visit the translation page. You can also use the POT file that is included and placed in the
languages folder to create a translation PO file. Just send the PO file to us and we will include this translation within the next plugin update.
This plugin is open-sourced software licenced under the GNU General Public Licence, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source licence) is available upon request.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
Post / Page Editor.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: