An easy to use WordPress plugin that replaces the default Post & Page HTML/Text Editor with an enhanced editor by a CodeMirror library. The WordPress default Post & Page HTML/Text Editor is great for doing some custom changes to HTML markup of your post/page, although it is rather limited. This is where the “Syntax Highlighter for Post/Page HTML Editor” can help. With an enhanced HTML/Text editor you can see a code with syntax highlighting, and with line numbering, so you can easily read your HTML markup and detect any errors.
This plugin give you finer control over editor, it can be configured on the plugin settings page. You can chose from 36 different color themes for your editor. If you want more options then tell me and I will be happy to add it.
This plugin is just plug and play, no tedious configurations or hacks, just install, enable and start using your new enhanced Post/Page HTML Editor.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
Syntax Highlighter for Post/Page HTML Editor.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface with many settings
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Huge selection of color schemes (36 themes)
- Line numbering
- Line wrapping
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Live preview on Settings Page
Got more ideas? Tell me!
- Plugin settings page.
- Default WP Post\Page HTML Editor.
- Post\Page HTML Editor that provided by this plugin (theme: default).
- Post\Page HTML Editor that provided by this plugin (theme: ambiance).
This plugin is translate ready. But If your language is not available you can make one. The
.pot file is included and placed in “languages” folder. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you shared your translation with the community. Just send the translation files (
*.mo) to me at the firstname.lastname@example.org and I will include the translation within the next plugin update.
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: