An easy to use WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily add the smart toolbar with social media buttons to any place (post, page, widget, sidebar, footer) of your WordPress website.
The social media buttons toolbar - is a toolbar with set of icons of the popular social media which are linked directly to your profile on this social networks. I.e. clicking the Facebook icon will take the user to your Facebook page, clicking the Twitter icon will take them to your Twitter page.
Unlike the other plugins, this plugin create a live toolbar. If the buttons do not fit to the one line, then they will be placed on multiple lines. So they can be arranged horizontally or vertically, in one line or in a few and it always centered.
It give you finer control over buttons. You can configure they on plugins settings page. You can choose the size of icons, choose open link in current tab or in new, and etc. Also you can have the social media buttons automatically added to the bottom of all post or/and pages, and can position the link buttons using either a widget, a shortcode or a template action hook.
If you want more options then tell me and I will be happy to add it.
- Upload “Social Media Buttons Toolbar” to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Go to “Settings” → “Social Buttons”.
- Icon set “Social Buttons 2” by Ivlichev Victor Petrovich
- Ready for translation (.pot file included).
- Added Russian translation.
- Published on WordPress.org
Supported social media:
- VKontakte (vk.com)
- Odnoklassniki (ok.ru)
- Personal website
- RSS Feed
- Specific Feeds
- Got more ideas? Tell me!
Use the following shortcode in your posts, pages or text widgets (sidebar, footer) to display the social media buttons toolbar:
Also you can use the following methods to add the social media buttons toolbar directly to theme files.
WordPress has a very easy function called do_shortcode() that lets you add shortcodes in your themes. Simply add the following code to needed place in your theme where you want the buttons to appear:
<?php echo do_shortcode("[smbtoolbar]"); ?>
Or add this code for direct call function:
<?php echo smbtoolbar_shortcode(); ?>
Simple and easy!
- Plugin settings page :
- Social Media Buttons Toolbar displayed below the content of a post (Twenty Sixteen theme) :
- Social Media Buttons Toolbar displayed in the sidebar using a shortcode in text widget (Twenty Sixteen theme) :
- Social Media Buttons Toolbar displayed in the footer using a shortcode in text widget (Anarcho Notepad theme) :
- Social Media Buttons Toolbar displayed in the footer using a simple call the function directly from theme file (vCard theme) :
- Shortcode placed in the Text Widget :
This plugin is translate ready. But If your language is not available you can make one. The .pot file is included and placed in “languages” folder. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you shared your translation with the community. Just send the translation files (*.po, *.mo) to me at the email@example.com and I will include the translation within the next plugin update.
- English (default)
- Spanish (translation by Ramiro Garcés)
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
Icon set Social Buttons 2 by Ivlichev Victor Petrovich is licensed under the Creative Commons (Attribution 3.0 Unported).
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: