An easy to use WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily add the smart bar with social media follow buttons to any place (post, page, widget, sidebar, footer) of your WordPress website.
The Social Media Follow Buttons Bar - is a bar with set of icons of the popular social media which are linked directly to your profile on this social networks. I.e. clicking the Facebook icon will take the user to your Facebook page, clicking the Twitter icon will take them to your Twitter page.
Unlike the other plugins, this plugin creates a live bar. The bar automatically adapt to the width of the block where it placed. If the buttons do not fit to the one line, then they will be placed on multiple lines. So they can be arranged horizontally or vertically, in one line or in a few, and all of this is done automatically. Also it can be aligned to left, center or right.
It give you finer control over buttons. You can configure they on plugins settings page. You can choose the size of icons, choose open link in current tab or in new, and etc. Also you can have the social media follow buttons automatically added to the bottom of all post or/and pages, and can position the link buttons using either a widget, a shortcode or a template action hook. If you want more options then tell me and I will be happy to add it.
- Upload “Social Media Follow Buttons Bar” to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Go to “Settings” → “Social Buttons”.
- Beautiful icons
- Plugin settings page with many settings
- Preview on plugin settings page
- Bootstrap Tooltips with name of the social media above every button
- Shortcode for add social media follow buttons from Post/Page Editor
- PHP/HTML code for add social media follow buttons directly in your theme files
- Ready for translation (POT file included)
- Published on WordPress.org
Supported social media and links:
- VKontakte (vk.com)
- Odnoklassniki (ok.ru)
- Personal website
- RSS Feed
- Specific Feeds
- Got more ideas? Tell me!
Use the following shortcode in your posts, pages or text widgets (sidebar, footer) to display the social media follow buttons bar:
Also you can use the following methods to add the social media follow buttons bar directly to theme files.
WordPress has a very easy function called
do_shortcode() that lets you add shortcodes in your themes. Simply add the following code to needed place in your theme where you want the buttons to appear:
<?php echo do_shortcode("[smbtoolbar]"); ?>
Or add this code for direct call function:
<?php echo smbtoolbar_shortcode(); ?>
Simple and easy!
- All social media buttons :
- Bootstrap tooltip with name of the social media displayed above button when you hover over the button :
- Social Media Follow Buttons Bar displayed below the content of a post (Twenty Sixteen theme) :
- Social Media Follow Buttons Bar displayed in the sidebar using a shortcode in text widget (Twenty Sixteen theme) :
- Social Media Follow Buttons Bar displayed in the footer using a simple call the function directly from theme file (vCard theme) :
- Social Media Follow Buttons Bar displayed in the footer using a shortcode in text widget (Anarcho Notepad theme) :
- Shortcode placed in the Text Widget :
- Plugin settings page :
This plugin is translate ready. But If your language is not available you can make one. The .pot file is included and placed in “languages” folder. Many of plugin users would be delighted if you shared your translation with the community. Just send the translation files (*.po, *.mo) to me at the firstname.lastname@example.org and I will include the translation within the next plugin update.
- English (default)
- Spanish (translation by Ramiro Garcés)
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
- The icon of plugin is a copyrighted image created by Arthur Gareginyan. (C) All rights reserved.
- The banner of plugin is a copyrighted image created by Arthur Gareginyan. (C) All rights reserved.
- The Entrepreneur image that used on banner is from Pixabay and licensed under the Creative Commons CC0.
- Icon set Social Buttons 2 by Ivlichev Victor Petrovich and licensed under the Creative Commons (Attribution 3.0 Unported).
- Icons meetvibe.png, imdb.png, dloky.png, snapchat.png, steam.png, discord.png, twitch.png, goodreads.png and meetup.png by Arthur Gareginyan and licensed under the Creative Commons (Attribution 3.0 Unported).
- Bootstrap released under the MIT license.
- Bootstrap-checkbox is a project of Vasily A., shared under the MIT license.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: