An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to easily and safely add your custom CSS code to your WordPress website, directly out of your WordPress Admin Area, without the need to have an external editor.
Its purpose is to provide a familiar experience to WordPress users. There is no need for any more editing of the files of your theme or plugins for to add custom CSS code. Just add your custom CSS code in the field on the plugin page and this plugin will do the rest for you.
The plugin works completely independently of the theme, so you can use it with any theme, and regardless of whether the theme does or does not have a style.css file. The code you place on the plugin page will be entirely unaffected if you edit the contents of the theme’s style.css file, or even completely change the theme. This is really useful in case of updating theme or plugins, because your custom CSS code would never be overwritten. Your custom CSS code will keep on working, no matter how many times you upgrade or switch your theme and plugins.
On the plugin page you find the code editor powered by CodeMirror. This code editor has options such as syntax highlighting, line numbering, and more. And if you want more options, let us know and we will be happy to add them.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
Key features include
- Trigger for temporary disable the custom CSS code
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Line numbering
- Active line highlighting
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Reload the settings page at same position after pushing the save button
- Multisite network support
- Got more ideas? Tell us!
- Plugin settings page.
- Plugin page with custom CSS code added:
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages.
If you want to help translate this plugin then please visit the translation page.
This plugin is open-sourced software licenced under the GNU General Public Licence, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source licence) is available upon request.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
- Add your code in the field, then click
That’s it, you’re done. You are already getting your custom CSS working.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: