An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that replaces the default Theme and Plugin Source Code Editor with an enhanced editor by a CodeMirror library. The WordPress default Theme Editor (in Appearance => Editor) and Plugin Editor (in Plugins => Editor) is great for doing some custom changes to your Themes or Plugins files, although it is rather limited. This is where the “Syntax Highlighter for WP Editor” can help. With an enhanced source code editor you can see a code with syntax highlighting, and with line numbering, so you can easily read your code and detect any errors.
This plugin give you finer control over editor, it can be configured on the plugin settings page. You can chose from 36 different color themes for your editor. If you want more options, then let us know and we will be happy to add them.
This plugin is just plug and play, no tedious configurations or hacks, just install, enable and start using your new enhanced Theme and Plugin Editor.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface with many settings
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPress.org
Key features include…
- Syntax highlighting (by CodeMirror)
- Changeable color theme (36 variants)
- Line numbering
- Editor allow for tab indentation
- Live preview on Settings Page
Got more ideas? Tell us!
- Markdown (.txt)
- Plugin settings page:
- Default WP Plugin Editor :
- Plugin Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: ambiance) :
- Plugin Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: default) :
- Theme Editor that provided by this plugin (color theme: ambiance):
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages.
If you want to help translate this plugin then please visit the translation page.
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
- Upload “Syntax Highlighter for WP Editor” to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
Settings→ “Theme / Plugin Editor”.
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to: